Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Luke-Spiritual Building

Luke 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?  

A good point. Why claim Jesus as Lord and master and follow your own way? These are more than words in a book. Jesus wants us to make him Lord of all of our life. Our thoughts and actions must submit to his will.  

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
  The world and the devil are not easy on us, but Jesus cares, he lifts us up and helps with our load.

Luke 6:47  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like:
Luke 6:48  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luke 6:49  But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
 

 Is your foundation on Jesus the rock, the chief cornerstone f God's Spiritual building? He is our foundation, built upon by the apostles and prophets. Be careful we must be with our lives, for we are living stones, part of this building the world sees as the church.  

1 Pet 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.   We are saints and priests, our lives as sacrifices through praise, our words and our actions. This is our reasonable duty. (Rom 12:1-2)
  Gary

No comments: