Wednesday, April 6, 2005

stream of water

Yesterday I came home to find our garage floor full of water. After much searching with my daughter, we found a pin hole leak in a pipe. It was putting out a tiny stream of water, but in a day or two it put an inch of water on our garage floor.  

We are to be flowing with  Living Water from God's Spirit. Imagine if you will the Spiritual flood from Living Waters? No garage could contain this, no vessel. We are the vessels of God, not meant to be wells of Spiritual water, but Springs of Living Waters poured out to the world, how so?    

In our way of life showing the fruit of God's Spirit.  

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  

In our witnessing.  

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.   In our gifts   Acts 3:6  Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
Acts 3:7  And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
Acts 3:8  And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

In all that we say and do  

Luke 6:43  For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luke 6:44  For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
Luke 6:45  A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Luke 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luke 6:47  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will show you towhom he is like:
Luke 6:48  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13  Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psa 51:14  Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psa 51:15  O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall show forth thy praise.
Psa 51:16  For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

No comments: