Saturday, April 16, 2005

Re: Ragman story

Thanks Daisy. Yes, I had heard this story of the Ragman and it really is a blessing, even if somehow my name could be connected to the Christ. In a way this is a confirmation to my strange name which I received as a child before I heard of this story. It is certainly a story for us all to try to be like. As a young man I was strong and yes 6' 4", but cancer put an end to self glory. Perhaps affliction makes us aware of others needs? Even when the Lord came to me in the hospital I became a witness for God. Not knowing anything about Him, other than he touched me and gave me peace and a desire to serve him.  

Life leaves many scars, afflictions, devine healing; triumph, and defeat as we put our love on someone else and lose that love and through many tears and struggles we find our way back to the foot of the cross. With new purpose we take his white linens, pick up the rod of His word and began a new walk in His steps never to look back. The journey from the cross at last has given me hope and the witness of his word for myself and others. As we go we find many who have been bloodied and with such needs that only the Lord Jesus Christ can bring new life to; the white linens replace the blood and tears with peace and joy.   Gary  

 Isa 61:1  The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2  To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isa 61:3  To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

No comments: