Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Luke-Who is greatest?

  Luke 9:46  Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.  

 Isn't this the thinking of the world? If I can only rise to the top of my profession, to be respected of all. If only I had more money, more possessions, then I would command respect? If only I was more thin or fat, then I would look better and people would notice me? Perhaps I would be loved? What things in your mind hold you captive? What are you wishing to achieve to make you more loved and respected by people? Hear God, and put away these things.  

1 Cor 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1 Cor 3:20  And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Luke 9:47  And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
Luke 9:48  And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

  Jesus  showed them a child and said how you treat this innocent one in Jesus name, how you love him and are gentle, caring and kind and receive him, it  is as receiving Jesus. Jesus is with the innocent and the weak, the trusting children.   This can make us consider some things. How many leave their children in someone elses care while they work to achieve wealth and things? Are you are ignoring Jesus, are you are leaving Jesus behind? Jesus is saying, do not seek prominence, but seek me. Do good, love your children and your family. Relationships are more important then being first in the world.  

Mat 19:13  Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
Mat 19:14  But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:15  And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

Not only is the Lord in little children, but he is in those who are most needy in the world. Do we see how we could neglect the needs of others when we seek personal wealth and prominence? What is our hearts fervent desire?  

 Mat 25:34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35  For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.  

Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.
.
I think we see the heart of God better now.

 Eaglewings Testimonies

No comments: