Saturday, February 19, 2005

What is with this?

John 12:32  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.   What is with this "if I be lifted up..."?

How was Jesus killed?  

John 3:14  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
John 3:15  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.


He was literally lifted up on the cross. Moses fashioned a brass serpent and lifted it up so the multitudes who had been bitten by serpents would be healed. Jesus was lifted up for our healing.

  1 Pet 2:24  Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

   We are also to exalt him before others.  

Phil 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Phil 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phil 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Phil 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.      ....and..."if I go and prepare a place..."?  

John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.


  And, this verse still troubles me.  This I find in many places where our Father God has hardened hearts or chosen some and not all.  There are those that have said, "God wants ALL saved".  But, this is not an answer to me.  

John 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.


There is a way we come to Jesus. First, God draws us to him second, we hear the word third, we believe and confess him.  

 Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
  Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Pet 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.


 We must choose. We must change our minds and turn to God. This is repentance. This is God's will for us.  Id we refuse and willfully go deeper in sin, he gives us over to our choices and allows our hearts to become hardened.
  God calls us, we respond or disobey him. Those who respond are his chosen. I still like the choice given us in John 3:16 Whosoever will...  

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God wants to give us eternal life. Whosoever believes he will receive. If we harden our hearts, we remain condemned.

No comments: