Monday, February 14, 2005

I am not ashamed (Dixie)

Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth...
 

Ashamed???  How can a mere mortal like myself b ashamed that a King of Kings, a Son of God (the only begotten), a Lord with the power and wisdom of The Almighty Creator, would love me and knowing all my weaknesses and faults, forgive and still love me?  How can I keep from loving one that loves me with a love that is beyond human understanding?  Why wud I be ashamed of that?  I am humbled by it, but not ashamed.  Proud?  Maybe somewhat.  But, that love and His powerful gifts are available to all who will believe and accept.  I have done nothing to deserve that wonderful love given me, therefor I have nothing to take credit for.  I am not beautiful.  I am not highly intelligent.  I am not especially talented.  I am not anything but an ordinary woman like so many in my world today.  But, I AM special because I am loved by this Jesus, King of Kings. He is my best friend and lover of my soul. He died for me so that I can live forever in His home so could I do less than to live for Him?   My Jesus has done it all.  When He said, "It is finished", He had done it all...mark it 'Paid In Full'.  With this He has allowed me to become a child of the Most High God, an heir with Him in His kingdom in heaven.  No way will I b ashamed of that.  Would you be?   

No comments: