Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Revelation 18 - Come out of Babylon

Come out of Babylon

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

After the fall of religious Babylon in chapter 17, at the mid point of the last week of Daniel's prophecy. The Beast becomes the only one that is to be worshipped.

Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Another angel descends from heaven with great power, shining with the righteous glory of God. What is the power for?

Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

It is a heavenly proclamation: Babylon the great, representing the worlds greatness, is fallen. Fallen into sin and depravity, becoming the dwelling place of devils, and every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. Birds are described as ministers of satan sent to remove Gods word. Birds are kept in cages in the city. The courts, the schools, the institutions are all controlled by birds that remove the word of God. Babylon representing the worlds cities, institutions and people has become absolutely morally depraved, given over to demons and every unclean thought and thing.

Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

All the nations, rulers and merchants have been corrupted by the world's love of the Spirit of Babylon, the antichrist, ungodly things. These things are written ahead of time to warn us.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Come out of the world, be separated unto God. Take no part in her sins, says the second angel. Come out and be not judged by God. Jesus said this to us also.

John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.                                                                                     John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.                                                                  John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
John 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
John 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Eaglewings New Testament Studies

No comments: