Thursday, November 3, 2005

Luke - Son of God

Luke 22:66 And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying,
Luke 22:67 Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe:

True, they were out to kill him. He always kept it quiet about being God's Son, but He is the Son of God, the Messiah, the Christ, the anointed one.

Luke 22:68 And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go.

People with their mind made up cannot be convinced. They had him now and would destroy him for envy, for they were serving satan, not God. He had spoken to the religious leaders earlier.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
John 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Blessed are those who hear and receive God's word and are given new life by Jesus the Christ.

Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

The place of honor and authority. He was equal to God, they are one God.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Luke 22:70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.

They said so, he did not deny it, for he is the Son of God. The exact likeness of the Father, from heaven.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Luke 22:71 And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.

Their unbelief convicted him. He spoke the truth, he is the Son of God. The liar calls truth a lie. They claimed to serve God, but they were of the devil. The flesh and the devil always oppose the Spirit of truth, Jesus is the truth of God, the Son of God, the perfect one who came to redeem us from satan, sin and God's punishment. Through Jesus we receive grace to be the son's and daughters of God. He is the only way. We all were born of the seed of Adam, sin and death was our inheritance. Jesus gave us a new spirit life, so that now we are heirs with him of all that God has. I like that.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

No comments: