Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Mark - Take His Hand

Take His Hand

Mark 1:29 And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.

After the casting out of the demon from the man in the synagogue, they visited the home of Simon (Peter) and Andrew, with the son's of Zebedee.

Mark 1:30 But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.

Simon had a wife, or was widowed, but his wife's mother lived in his parents home and was sick of the fever. This is important; none told him of her condition, but he knew she was ill.

Mark 1:31 And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.

Without being asked, he came to her and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; the fever left her at once, and she served him. Are you ill? Are you sick of your life of sin? Jesus knows and is reaching his hand out to you. Will you serve him.

I was in a hospital bed with cancer when Jesus spoke to me. Soon I was promising him that I would serve him. He took my hand. The road of life can be hard, It is very hard if we serve him by our own efforts. But when we make him master, taking his hand, being yoked with Jesus while serving him, he does most of the work for us.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No comments: