Saturday, December 24, 2005

Mark - Calling the twelve

Calling the twelve

Mark 3:13 And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him.

He called to those His Father gave to him.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Mark 3:14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

He chose them to be heralds, witnesses of his word and truth. As the angels were sent to the shepherds, so were the twelve disciples to be sent forth with the gospel message.

Mark 3:15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

They also were given divine power to heal and to cast out devils. This was a special  filling of God's Spirit, to do His supernatural work, before the Spirit came to stay after Pentecost.

Mark 3:16 And Simon he surnamed Peter;

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mark 3:17 And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:

Luke 9:52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
Luke 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luke 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luke 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Mark 3:18 And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,
Mark 3:19 And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

Was Judas a mistake? No, God knows who will be faithful and who are fake. Judas loved money more than the Lord. We need to put the love of the Lord first. If we need anything, he will provide when we serve him with all our heart. No one is perfect, we all need to be more faithful. Lord increase our faith.

Eaglewings Testimonies

 

No comments: