Monday, May 29, 2006

Mark - All forsook him

All forsook him

Mark 14:46 And they laid their hands on him, and took him.
Mark 14:47 And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

Luke the physician, tells us more.

Luke 22:50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

The person with the sword must have been left handed.

Luke 22:51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

John's gospel

John 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
John 18:11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Matthew's account

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Mark 14:48 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?
Mark 14:49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.

It was the time, and scriptures must be fulfilled. Jesus did the will of the Father as he talked to him in prayer. He also did the Father's will in obedience, fulfilling earlier prophecies. God's word stands, not a word spoken from Him will fail.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Mark 14:50 And they all forsook him, and fled.
Mark 14:51 And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him:

This must have been Mark, who wrote this gospel account.

Mark 14:52 And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

The young man followed, while everyone fled, but he too ran away in shame. All fled at the time of Jesus' arrest. This was as Jesus had said.

Mat 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Mat 26:32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

May we, by the Holy Spirit, not run from Jesus when things same out of control.

Eaglewings Testimonies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark 14:48 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?


People are still coming out against Jesus...It might not be a literal sword; though some would use them if they were all that was available. Today is no different than 2,000 years ago. The same philosophies, arguments, willful unbelief and attacks are perpetrated against Jesus. To no avail of course; but that has never stopped darkness before. space, out