Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Isaiah 6 - Send Me LORD

Send Me LORD

Isa 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah was undone, as a man of flesh to see the King of Kings in a vision.

Deu 4:23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.
Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Exo 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Isa 6:6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
Isa 6:7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Was this real, or was it a vision? Were his sin's really removed? Yes, he was chosen of God, there would be nothing in the way if he trusted in Him and his promises. Unbelief is what hinders us; looking at our sins and failings. If we do see them, that is a first step, then we let God have them. For us, it is trust in Jesus; for Isaiah, it was faith in God and obedience to his words. His lips were free of sin, he would have a speaking gift, not tongues, but a better gift; the clear speaking forth of prophesy. Speaking clearly the word of God.

1 Cor 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1 Cor 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
1 Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
1 Cor 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Isaiah now had lips that were ready to speak.

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Here am I, a faithful servant relying on what he would receive from God. Here am I, send me.

Moses was not so quick to respond.

Exo 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
Exo 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
Exo 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Isaiah saw the vision and the call, and he was ready to go forth as the LORD sends him. May we be as Isaiah, LORD, Here I am, send me! Let no unbelief hinder the call of God.

Eaglewings Ambassadors

No comments: