Thursday, June 30, 2005

Luke-that fox

Luke 13:31  The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.  

Jesus was not afraid of Herod. He would not run as did Elijah, from the threats of queen Jezebel. Elijah was a man, the Spirit departed and he ran in fear. Jesus was man and God, with the fulness of the Holy Spirit. He would give his life up, at the appointed time.  

 John 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
John 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.


Luke 13:32  And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.  

He called Herod a fox. A fox is a small animal, clever and skillful. Sometimes satan comes as a sly fox, speaking half truths trying to bring fear and failure to our lives. No one would fear a fox, but a clever and evil spirit can be as dangerous as a roaring lion.   Go tell that fox about the power of the kingdom that is within me, Jesus. Tell the devil that he casts out devils and he heals...today and tomorrow, he takes our infirmities upon himself. Every drop of blood that he shed, was for our healing.  

to day and to morrow,  

 Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Isa 53:4  Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.  

and the third day I shall be perfected...  

perfected,teleioo, to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end. To the cross andon the third day, risen from the grave. On the cross he spoke "it is finished," teleo,  to perform, execute, complete, fulfill, (so that the thing done corresponds to what has been said, the order, command etc.) He had finished the Father's will in shedding blood for our sins. On the third day, the gospel of salvation was complete. He proved that he was the way of life, he conquered, satan, death and the grave. He overcame the flesh by the Spirit of God, proving that he is able to save completely those who trust in him.  

No comments: