Monday, September 15, 2008

Keep Witnessing

Keep Witnessing
 
If you are in Christ Jesus and have his Spirit within you, people will fear you and try to destroy you or they will want what you have. We are to be the light of truth before men.
 
John 12:42  Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
John 12:43  For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
 
Do not seek honor of men
 
Mat 6:1  Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:5  And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

 
Evil and jealous men will try to stop you
 
Acts 5:29  Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Acts 5:30  The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Acts 5:31  Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Acts 5:32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Acts 5:33  When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.
 
The natural man fears the Spiritual man

1 Sam 18:12  And Saul was afraid of David, because the LORD was with him, and was departed from Saul.
1 Sam 18:13  Therefore Saul removed him from him, and made him his captain over a thousand; and he went out and came in before the people.
1 Sam 18:14  And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him.
1 Sam 18:15  Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him.
1 Sam 18:16  But all Israel and Judah loved David, because he went out and came in before them.
 
1 Sam 18:7  And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands.
1 Sam 18:8  And Saul was very wroth, and the saying displeased him; and he said, They have ascribed unto David ten thousands, and to me they have ascribed but thousands: and what can he have more but the kingdom?
1 Sam 18:9  And Saul eyed David from that day and forward.
 
Fear God not man

We must fear God, not man. If we please men, it might be because we are not pleasing God. If you serve God people will fear you or be jealous of you or they may despise you before men. But be servants of God, do not look upon things around you, but do the will of God.
 
Psa 71:16  I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
Psa 71:17  O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
Psa 71:18  Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
Psa 71:19  Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!

 
Jeremiah's calling
 
Jer 1:4  Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Jer 1:6  Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
Jer 1:7  But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
Jer 1:8  Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
Jer 1:9  Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
Jer 1:10  See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
Jesus our example
 
John 12:44  Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
John 12:45  And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
John 12:46  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 12:48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Sound teaching and a good example
 
Titus 2:1  But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
Titus 2:2  That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
Titus 2:3  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Titus 2:4  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Titus 2:5  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:6  Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
Titus 2:7  In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
Titus 2:8  Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
Titus 2:9  Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
Titus 2:10  Not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
Titus 2:11  For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:13  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Titus 2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:15  These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
 
Paul speaking by the Holy Spirit said let no man despise you, meaning that the LORD has called you for His purpose, it is His command to you. We will face the enemy in men and women of evil hearts, not yet submitted to God, but doing the work of satan.
 
Jesus knew that we would be opposed, but that will be rewarded in heaven.
 
Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Mat 5:13  Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Mat 5:14  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
 
We are not to react as men of flesh
 
Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

 
Be Holy, be perfect, be mature in the faith. The servant of God is not to seek the world's approval, nor to complain if not received or accepted. The calling is to serve God  not for man's praise, but for God's approval. Love the people, but do not compromise your calling. Avoid strife and seek peace, do your good works and be a blessing to others. There are many seeking light and hope; go to them. Go to nursing homes and to the homeless, to the mission or to the needy, wherever they may be. Remember Jesus did many good works and in the end was rejected by most people. The result of his life work is that millions have received eternal life. If you are His witness, people will receive Him.
 
John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

No comments: