Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Thoughts about change and ministries

 
Thoughts about change and ministries
 
Change is hard if we resist it for the wrong reasons. The flesh likes it's comfort and the soul seeks for peace. Where God is there is peace. God is never far from His word, so the more we seek the truth in His word, the closer we are to God.  God is more than a feeling after a lively worship service. Maybe for some, the presence of God is an emotional feeling. Should we not see God in his peace, in the love he gives to us for others and yes in joy? He is in all good and pure things. Lord, lead me in your way.  Change me Lord Jesus into your likeness. LORD, Father, may we not be too busy building our version of serving you, that we forget to seek you, to hear from you and to walk with you. When we answer another's need, we meet with you too.
 
This is me speaking. I see ministries that are man made, or woman made. That are more for self glory.
 
Psa 94:12  Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Psa 94:13  That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
Psa 94:14  For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
Psa 94:15  But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
Psa 94:16  Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
Psa 94:17  Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
Psa 94:18  When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
Psa 94:19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
Psa 94:20  Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?
Psa 94:21  They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
Psa 94:22  But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.
Psa 94:23  And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the LORD our God shall cut them off.

 
Rom 2:21  Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom 2:22  Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom 2:23  Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24  For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
Rom 2:25  For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26  Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27  And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
 
 
Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13  Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.


May all be done by God's Spirit, in truth and from a heart of love. If we are driven by anything but a pure heart, stop and seek God and be cleansed. We do not build ministries in the flesh.

No comments: