Sunday, July 2, 2006

Revelation - Seven Stars

Seven Stars

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

John was in the flesh. No flesh can approach the living God and live. God the Father made the way for us through His Son. We can come to Jesus with our imperfect flesh and with our sins. Jesus said fear not: I am the first and the last and he touched him with compassion:

When he walked in Israel, many people would fall down before him in fear, when he had shown to them God's power and glory. Others were touched by him and made whole.

Even the devils feared him

Mark 3:11 And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Saul of Tarsus, who was named Paul:

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Mat 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mat 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

He had spoken to Martha:

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Jesus had authority over hell and death as well. He had power to save and to condemn.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Write all that you have seen, past present and future happenings, in a book. At the end of John's gospel he had written:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Now he is commissioned to write all that he sees from his own perspective.

The Book of Revelation is arranged in three sections.

The things he had seen: chapter one.
The things which are: chapters two and three.
The things that are future: chapters four through twenty-two.

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

The mysteries revealed:

angels; aggelo, angel or messenger

The seven stars are seven angels or messengers. Who are the messengers in the churches? The preachers or pastors give out God's message. We hear now through the Holy Spirit the truth of God. We should be discerning in regard to angel messengers, as not all are from God.

2 Cor 11:14 ... for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

God holds his true followers in his hand.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

The seven candlesticks with the lamps, are the seven churches giving out the light of truth. The seven represent the complete church body.

Luke 8:16 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.
Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Pastors, be careful to hear from God when you preach.

Eaglewings New Testament Studies

No comments: