Friday, July 14, 2006

Revelation - Jesus knocking

Jesus knocking

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus stood in the midst of the candlesticks, representing the churches. Was the Laodicean church the one church that he was not in the midst of? Perhaps, but this is personal, to each member of a church.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

To be in a church requires a confession of faith. Let this be a true change in your heart, for if Jesus is not in you and you in him, you are not his. He gives you his Holy Spirit.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Do you have the new eternal life? Or are you trusting in yourself and the worlds things?

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

You overcome the world, flesh and the devil, by the blood of the Lamb, by faith, by his grace, by His Spirit abiding in you. Open the door to your heart, you who are dead in spirit. Open the door to Jesus dead church, and let him give you new life.

Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The Spirit is talking to you and I and all who name the name of Jesus. He is talking to the churches, for in the new kingdom there shall one church, the redeemed of God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Eaglewings Topical Bible Studies

No comments: