Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mark - Why call me good?

Why call me good?

Mark 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

Two things here...the man expected an answer from Jesus who he called good master, or good teacher. Jesus is more than a teacher, he is God the Son, but did this man know this?

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Why do you call me good? Who do you think I am? there is none good but one, that is God. Many unbelievers point to this verse and say...see, Jesus wasn't God. This verse does not say this, it is a test of the man's faith in who Jesus is. No man can come to the Son unless the Father reveals him, and no man can come to the Father without knowing that Jesus is Lord.

Another man was asked who Jesus was.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Where are the unbelievers regarding this verse? He knew that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God. And, Jesus is one with God.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

The man who called Jesus good master, was trusting in his own good works and the law. No man can keep the laws, only Jesus did. Where are the critics when they face God without believing in Jesus? They are cast into the Lake of fire.

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Eaglewings New Testament Studies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY JESUS WOULD SAY HES NOT GOOD WHEN HES OUR SAVIOR

OH MAYBE HE THOUGHT MORE OF GOD  BUT HE IS GOD
I FUGURE IT OUT