Friday, March 31, 2006

Mark - Glory to the Lamb

Glory to the Lamb

Mark 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?

Mat 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
Mat 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

What was this cup? An expression we might use would be, can we walk in his shoes?

Jesus was to suffer accusations, be beaten, spit upon, whipped, body torn, nailed to a cross, every joint disconnected in agony, but the worst of all was that he who is God, pure and undefiled would take upon himself our sin and shame, even in the body of his flesh, his holy blood shed, and he would be separated for a short time from the Father who is separated from sin.

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Imagine eternal God, being separated even for a moment from His glory. And yet, Jesus began His earthly ministry by putting away much of what he was of God. He lowered himself and took on the form of a man and became a servant.

Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phil 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Mark 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

They would follow Jesus and be persecuted, yet their blood shed held no power, it was the blood of Jesus that has saved us from our sin.

Mark 10:40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

Let God decide who will receive the most glory and honor. I believe that this is reserved for the Father and the Son.

Rev 5:11 And Ibeheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Eaglewings Topical Bible Studies

No comments: