Saturday, February 10, 2007

Isaiah 10 - Assyria's Pride

Assyria's Pride

Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.

God uses Assyria to bring vengeance to a self righteous, idol worshipping Israel.

Isa 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

God used Assyria to chastise his nation Israel, however Assyria had evil plans to destroy and pillage the nation. Assyria cannot escape God's judgment either, if their motives were evil. Assyria must learn that God is the one to control the powers, not satan.

Isa 10:7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
Isa 10:8 For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?
Isa 10:9 Is not Calno as Carchemish? is not Hamath as Arpad? is not Samaria as Damascus?

Assyria was boasting in their past victories, as well as their plans to destroy Israel.

Isa 10:10 As my hand hath found the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria:
Isa 10:11 Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
Isa 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

God would punish Israel, but idol worshipping Assyria, will not escape the righteous judgment of God, because the king is lifted up with pride.

1 Pet 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Prov 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Prov 16:19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Isa 10:13 For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and haverobbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:
Isa 10:14 And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.

No work of the nations is without God's knowledge and design. If evil is done, God will bring vengeance. in his time.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

The United States at war, in my life time, has never did it for wealth. Always the nations who lost in battle, were rebuilt and helped. If a nation makes war for evil purposes, God will take vengeance upon it.

Eaglewings Ministries

No comments: