Saturday, January 21, 2006

Names of God

 Names of God


Our Father, which art in Heaven hallowed be Thy name
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless Your holy name, I adore You and make known to You my adoration and love this day.


I bless Your name, Elohim, the Creator of heaven and earth. Who was in the beginning. It is You who made me, and you have crowned me with glory and honor. You are the God of might and strength. Hallowed be Thy name.  (Gen 1:1; Gen 1:26)(God, Judge, creator)  
Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.


  I bless Your name, El Shaddai, the God Almighty of Blessings. You are the One who nourished and supplies. You are All Bountiful and All Sufficient.  Hallowed be thy name. (Gen 17:1) (All-Sufficient One, Lord God Almighty)  
Gen 17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Gen 17:2  And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

I bless Your name Adonai, my Lord and my Master. You are Jehovah-the Completely Self Existing one, always present, revealed in Jesus, who is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hallowed be Thy name. (Gen 15:1-2) (Lord, Master)  
Gen 15:1  After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.


Gen 15:2  And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?


  I bless Your name Jehovah Jireh, the One who sees my needs and provides for them. Hallowed be Thy name. (Gen 22:13-14) (The Lord will Provide)  
Gen 22:13  And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.


Gen 22:14  And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

I bless Your name, Jehovah Rapha, my Healer and the one Who makes bitter experiences sweet. You sent Your Word and healed me. You forgave all my iniquities and healed all my diseases. Hallowed be Thy name. (Exo 15:26) (The Lord that Heals)  

 Exo 15:26  And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

I bless Your name Jehovah M'Kaddesh, the Lord my sanctifier. You have set me apart for Yourself.  Hallowed be Thy name. (Exo 31:13) (The Lord who Sanctifies You, The Lord Who makes Holy)

   Exo 31:13  Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

I bless Your name Jehovah Nissi, You are my Victory, my Banner and my Standard. Your banner over me is Love. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, You will lift up a standard against him.  Hallowed be Thy name. (Exo 17:15) (The Lord My Banner, The Lord my Miracle)  

Exo 17:11  And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
Exo 17:12  But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
Exo 17:13  And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
Exo 17:14  And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
Exo 17:15  And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovahnissi:

Jehovah Shalom, I bless Your name. You are my Peace-the peace which transcends all understanding, which garrisons and mounts guard over my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.  Hallowed be Thy name. (Jdg 6:22-24) (The Lord is Peace)  
Judg 6:22  And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of the LORD, Gideon said, Alas, O Lord GOD! for because I have seen an angel of the LORD face to face.

Judg 6:23  And the LORD said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die.
Judg 6:24  Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

I bless You Jehovah Tsidkenu, my Righteousness. Thank You for removing sin from me that I might become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.  Hallowed be Thy name. (Jer 23:5-6) (The Lord our Righteousness)  

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Jehovah Raah, You are my shepherd and I shall not want for any good or beneficial thing.  Hallowed be Thy name. (Psalm 23) (The Lord My Shepherd)  

Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Hallelujah to Jehovah Shammah who will never leave or forsake me. You are always there. I take comfort and am encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my helper, I will not be seized with alarm. I will not fear or dread or be terrified. What can man do to me? (Ez 48:35, Jerusalem) (The Lord Is There)  

Ezek 48:35  It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there. (Jerusalem)

I worship and adore You, El Elyon, the Most High God Who is the First Cause of everything, the Possessor of the heavens and the earth. You are Everlasting God,  the Great and Living God, The Merciful God, The Faithful God the Mighty God. You are truth, justice, righteousness and Perfection. You are El-Elyon - the Highest Sovereign of the Heavens and Earth. Hallowed be Thy name. (Gen 14:18-20) (The Most High God)  

Gen 14:18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth breadand wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
Gen 14:19  And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Gen 14:20  And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Father, You have exalted above all else Your name and Your Word, and You have magnified Your Word above all Your name. The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and His name is JESUS. HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

No comments: