Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Isaiah 25:6 - The Victory Feast

The Victory Feast

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Isa 25:6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

In this mountain, Jerusalem, shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast. Who are these people? Perhaps, those who are on earth at the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. This will be a celebration for all saints, those in their new spirit bodies and those people who are the redeemed who come through the tribulation. There will be no evil people at this feast. No Judas receiving a sop from the Lord, and then going out to betray him.

John 13:25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?
John 13:26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
John 13:28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

This will be a victory celebration and some have thought that this could be the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

They all will be eating and drinking. Can a spirit body eat and drink? Jesus did after his resurrection.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luke 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.
Luke 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luke 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luke 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Mark 14:23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
Mark 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Mark 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

The kingdom of God will be on earth for a thousand years and then shall come the eternal home that Jesus has prepared for those who are his. This will be the dwelling place of God the Father and he shall be the light, with his son.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

A feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

No more counting calories, relax, be full of joy, it is a time of celebrating the victory in Jesus! Fat things prepared by the master chef. Maybe my mom's sour cream raisin pie? Delicious roasted meat of the fatted calf?

Luke 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The feast of the redeemed, with refined wines of the lees, the dregs removed, no alcohol, but the superb flavor. Come and dine for our tomorrow is forever with our Lord, let us rejoice and be glad. Until that day we must be about the Lord's business.

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

No comments: