Monday, September 10, 2007

Isaiah 25 - Song of Joy in Tribulation

Song of Joy in Tribulation

Isa 25:1 O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

In the midst of tribulation, those in Christ Jesus can praise him for all He has done in the past. We can have peace in the midst of tribulation, knowing that God is faithful. Jesus is faithful and true to his promises.

Psa 43:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Isa 25:2 For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.

As Babylon of old fell, so shall the cities of the nations who come against Israel, for they are his covenant people. They too must receive Messiah and come into the new covenant.

Isa 25:3 Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.

The fear of God will come because of his wrath. We fear him out of love and respect.

Isa 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

God is strength to the poor of spirit, those who do not trust in their own strength, but in God.

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

A refuge from the storm, a hiding place from the storms of life. Praise and the word, strengthen us.

Psa 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Psa 119:114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Mark 4:40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

Isa 25:5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

Evil people will be destroyed and sent to hell, with it's burning fire. The branch not connected to the true vine, but to satan, will be broken off and cast into the fire. The cloud is the presence of God, a shelter to his own people and judgement to those who oppress them.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

In times of trouble we can trust God and sing praises, we build our faith up in his word. He is our shelter, our faithful and true Lord and a terror to our enemies. Blessed be the LORD, how great is our eternal God.

No comments: